Skip to main content

I want to attend an integration course. What do I have to do?

In order to attend an integration course, you must, as always, bear a few things in mind:

First, you should be in possession of a residence title. As a displaced person from Ukraine, you will have this as soon as you have registered. 

There is then usually a remark on your probationary certificate that you are entitled to attend an integration course.

If not, you will need a certificate of eligibility to attend an integration course. The application form for this can be found online on the website of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge – BAMF). You can print out and complete the application. If you live in Saxony, you should send it to the following address:

Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge

Referat 51E

Otto-Schmerbach-Straße 20

09117 Chemnitz

You must also include a copy of your residence title (e.g. probationary certificate) with your application.

After a certain processing period, you will then receive a certificate of eligibility. This serves as an invoicing basis for the respective provider or association offering the courses. 

You can find out where there are integration courses taking place by using BAMF-NAvI and here.

Tip: The provider of the course that you wish to attend may be able to apply for the certificate of eligibility for you and you will not have to do it yourself. It is therefore best to find out in advance from a suitable provider about the bureaucratic procedure for applying for an integration course. Each association that offers integration courses handles this differently. 

However, the legal procedure is always the same: BAMF provides the confirmation.