Skip to main content

Translation and Advice

In principle, it is always possible to request a linguist when visiting the authorities. The Social Welfare Office and Job Centre cooperate with the service Sprint, among others, for this purpose. 

You can also request translation support in the university hospital. 

You do this over the phone or by email when making an appointment with the respective authority. 

This generally means that it takes longer to find an appointment. Therefore, many people seeking help turn to external services for translation and interpreting. You can also make use of these services if you need help at private doctor’s appointments or at daycare centres and schools.

You can also use apps or organise translation support by phone.

Furthermore, there are programmes that arrange sponsors to help you with your day-to-day dealings with the authorities.

You can also turn to the Translation Team at LHU at any time.